The Alabama STEM Council is happy to announce that applications are open for teachers who wish to participate in the 2022 Teacher Externship Program.
The goal of a Teacher Externship is to help teachers connect classroom content and skills to the needs of Alabama’s STEM workplaces throughout our state.
- Teacher Externships are targeted towards STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) educators.
- Externs are expected to work for 24 – 48 hours for the extern host, typically starting in June and ending in July. Calendar of hours, days, weeks worked are mutually worked out between extern and host.
- Teacher Externs earn a stipend of up to $750 for a 3-Day Intro/Survey Externship OR $3000 for a 6-Day Intensive Externship, paid for by the AL STEM Council and/or the host business.
- Submitting an application does not guarantee a placement in the program.
- The deadline to apply is April 30, 2022.
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by May 10, 2022.
Learn more about the program by clicking Teacher Externship Program.
Go directly to the online application by clicking Teacher Externship Application.
If your company would like to host a teacher externship, please click Teacher Externship Company Application.