Main duties and responsibilities
WHO WE ARE
Kronospan is the world’s leading producer of wood panel products including MDF, OSB, Particleboard, and Laminate Flooring. We are state of the art, automated, and visionary. We are sustainable and eco-friendly. We are Worldwide AND we are American Made. We are Kronospan.
The duties of the Water Treatment Technician’s position are to operate and conduct repairs, preventive/predictive maintenance, testing, and process improvements on all equipment and systems associated with industrial process water treatment. The Water Treatment Technician must rely on their knowledge/education of mechanical and electrical principles in order to troubleshoot malfunctions to equipment. This position’s duties do not involve the treatment of sanitary sewage waste.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• Ability to diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic, conveyance and pneumatic equipment and systems
• Ability to operate, start-up and shut-down equipment as needed
• Ability to read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service; plan and lay out repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
• Experience using tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
• Ability to maintain and ensure accuracy of treatment records
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance procedures
• Ability to operate a variety of equipment such as valves, pumping systems, chemical feeders, measuring and control systems, and filtration systems as needed to ensure required water quality levels are maintained
• Ability to perform basic laboratory analytical tests on effluent wastewater
• May operate heavy equipment including front end loaders
• Must have strong computer skills with the ability to maintain electronic records of work performed, testing results, chemical inventories, and official reports
• Must have strong organizational and time management skills
• Must be a self starter requiring little or no supervision
• Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
• Associate’s degree in industrial maintenance, chemistry, or water treatment.
• Experience operating water treatment or chemical production equipment
• Experience performing maintenance and repair work
• Experience performing analytical testing in a laboratory environment
WHAT YOU WILL GET
As a company dedicated to its associates, we offer numerous benefits and advantages:
– Growth opportunities, domestic and international, with the world’s leading producer of wood panel products
– Work in a diverse, inclusive environment with colleagues from around the world
– You enjoy highly competitive benefits program including affordable medical, dental and vision plans
– Company paid life and short & long term disability plans
– Supplemental life, critical illness and accident plans for you and your family
– 401 (k) retirement plan with company match
– Paid time off including a generous paid vacation plan and holidays after 90 days
– “Life of Career” training opportunities through our global or local KronoAcademy
– Uniform & reimbursement for safety boots & prescription safety glasses and company provided tools
Together we work, together we win.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com