WHO WE ARE
We are Kronospan – the world’s leading producer of wood-based panels including MDF, OSB, Particleboard and Laminate Flooring. Operating more than 40 sites worldwide, we offer our associates numerus opportunities. We are looking for hard-working, dedicated individuals, who want to join our growing U.S. team.
Your Career, your way.
Our core values are reflected in everything we do: We are inquisitive with a will to win. We explore new processes and we focus on innovation. Our associates share knowledge and experiences and work collaboratively. We foster an inclusive working environment and welcome diversity. We take responsibility for the environment in which we live and work and practice sustainability in everything we do.
The primary purpose of the Particle Board (PB) Press Assistant’s position is to perform all assigned tasks, including but not limited to assisting in the safe, efficient operations of the PB Press and associated equipment. Additionally, the assistant will be required to perform routine maintenance and cleaning on all machinery and workspaces in the assigned area of responsibility. The assistant will be required to understand and manipulate computer software related to the operation of the PB press and associated equipment. The assistant will also be required to assist in identifying conditions which may lead to substandard quality or up-time and initiate the proper corrective action. Further duties may include assisting operator and maintenance personnel, when requested, in the troubleshooting, repair, or preventive maintenance of equipment in order to support continuous operations on the production line.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Assist with start up, operation, and shut down of all equipment related to the assigned area of responsibility.
• Achieve, maintain, and strive to exceed all safety, quality, and productivity measurements for the assigned area of responsibility.
• Assist in performing routine mechanical and quality inspections utilizing PDM check sheets.
• Assist in completing all required safety, quality, and production documentation in support of continuous operations on the production line.
• Work closely with all team members, supervision, and leadership to identify, report, and correct existing or potential safety hazards, quality issues, productivity improvements, or cost reduction initiatives.
• Assist in the installation of all new equipment, components, and systems, or the improvement of existing equipment, components, and systems as required.
• Perform preventive maintenance procedures as scheduled or directed.
• Read, comprehend, and follow all JHSAs, technical specifications, and work instructions for the assigned process task.
• Comply with all Kronospan policies and procedures.
• All other duties as assigned by supervisor or a member of leadership
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work closely with others in a small team environment
• Good mechanical aptitude
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
Basic computer skills, and mouse manipulation. Ability to enter limited data and change screens
WHAT YOU WILL GET
As a company dedicated to its associates, we offer numerous benefits and advantages:
– Growth opportunities, domestic and international, with the world’s leading producer of wood panel products
– Work in a diverse, inclusive environment with colleagues from around the world
– You enjoy highly competitive benefits program including affordable medical, dental and vision plans
– Company paid life and short & long term disability plans
– Supplemental life, critical illness and accident plans for you and your family
– 401 (k) retirement plan with company match
– Paid time off including a generous paid vacation plan and holidays after 90 days
– “Life of Career” training opportunities through our global or local KronoAcademy
– Uniform & reimbursement for safety boots & prescription safety glasses and company provided tools
Together we work, together we win.
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY
– A cover letter along with your Resume, highlighting your education, experience and skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com