WHO WE ARE
Kronospan is the world’s leading producer of wood panel products including MDF, OSB, Particleboard, and Laminate Flooring. We are state of the art, automated, and visionary. We are sustainable and eco-friendly. We are Worldwide AND we are American Made. We are Kronospan.
The purpose of the Maintenance Technician’s position is to conduct repairs, preventive/predictive maintenance, testing, and process improvements on all mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic equipment and systems. The maintenance technician must rely on their knowledge/education of mechanical and electrical principles in order to troubleshoot malfunctions to equipment. Duties include but are not limited to:
• Diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic equipment and systems
• Work closely with machine operators and electricians to ensure work is conducted in a safe manner
• Work closely with management to identify and correct potential electrical and mechanical safety hazards
• Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service; plan and lay out repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
• Maintain record of work performed in accordance with PDM and maintenance and repair system
• Perform preventive maintenance procedures as scheduled in the PDM system or as directed
• Conduct frequent walk-through’s of the plant to detect faulty operations and defective equipment and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
• Advise or assist in ordering parts, supplies, and equipment from catalogs and suppliers, or obtain them from storerooms.
• Assist in construction and repair projects requiring basic level of carpentry, masonry, and plumbing knowledge
• Assist in installation of all new equipment, components, and systems according to plans and specifications
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Candidates must meet the following requirements to be considered for the Maintenance Technician’s position:
• Advanced preventive maintenance and repair skills
• Willingness and ability to work a day or rotating shift schedule
• The ability to work effectively with other members of the facility team
• The ability to work without constant supervision
• The ability to creatively problem solve
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Basic math skills
• Demonstrated perfect or near-perfect attendance record
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
3-5 year’s experience in a fast paced industrial environment preferred.
WHEN YOU WILL WORK
– Day shift’s normal hours are 7 am – 3:30 pm but are required to work overtime in the event of scheduled and unscheduled shutdowns.
– Rotating shifts work a 12 hour rotation (6 – 6) with 2 weeks on days and 2 weeks on nights. Each 2 week period you work 7 days and are off 7 days. Some overtime is required to cover for absences and shutdowns.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
As a company dedicated to its associates, we offer numerous benefits and advantages:
– Pay range (per hour): $25.01 – $33.00
– Growth opportunities, domestic and international, with the world’s leading producer of wood panel products
– A highly competitive benefits program including affordable medical, dental and vision plans
– Company paid life and short & long term disability plans
– Supplemental life, critical illness and accident plans for you and your family
– 401(k) retirement plan with company match
– Paid time off including generous paid vacation and holiday plans after 90 days
– “Life of Career” training opportunities through our global or local KronoAcademy
– Uniform & reimbursement for safety boots & prescription safety glasses
– A complete set of company provided tools
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY
– A cover letter along with your Resume, highlighting your education, experience and skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com