WHO WE ARE
Kronospan is the world’s leading producer of wood panel products including MDF, OSB, Particleboard, and Laminate Flooring. We are state of the art, automated, and visionary. We are sustainable and eco-friendly. We are Worldwide AND we are American Made. We are Kronospan.
The primary purpose of the Chip Yard Operator’s position is to safely operate the designated front end loaders (or similar machines) to supply chips for the production of PB. Other tasks include but are not limited to cleaning the assigned area in the chip yard, the safe operation of the Hammel Grinder / Shredder, maintenance of machinery associated with the chip yard, cleaning machinery associated with the chip yard and performing preventative maintenance of machinery associated with the chip yard.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• Must have experience driving heavy equipment such as front end loader, grader, backhoe, bulldozer, or 8-ton lift
• Ability to read, comprehend, and follow all JHSAs, technical specifications, and work instructions for the assigned process task.
• Ability to perform routine mechanical and quality inspections of equipment and raw materials.
• Ability to assist in the installation of all new equipment, components, and systems, or the improvement of existing equipment, components, and systems as required.
• Ability to perform preventive maintenance procedures as scheduled or directed.
• Strong sense of teamwork and cooperation
• A positive attitude, open mind, and controlled composure in all workplace interactions.
• Strong sense of urgency
• The ability to work without constant supervision
• The ability to operate heavy equipment including front end loaders, bull dozers, and / or other similar mobile equipment
• Ability to effectively communicate with management and peers
• The ability to lift up to 50 lbs without assistance.
• Excellent attendance record
• Willingness to work overtime as needed to cover for vacation, absences, and scheduled and emergency shutdowns
This position will be required to work a rotating shift schedule including weekends.
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
• The ability to perform intermediate to advanced mobile equipment mechanic work
• The ability to work with electric, pneumatic, or hand tools.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
As a company dedicated to its associates, we offer numerous benefits and advantages:
– Growth opportunities, domestic and international, with the world’s leading producer of wood panel products
– Work in a diverse, inclusive environment with colleagues from around the world
– You enjoy highly competitive benefits program including affordable medical, dental and vision plans
– Company paid life and short & long term disability plans
– Supplemental life, critical illness and accident plans for you and your family
– 401 (k) retirement plan with company match
– Paid time off including a generous paid vacation plan and holidays after 90 days
– “Life of Career” training opportunities through our global or local KronoAcademy
– Uniform & reimbursement for safety boots & prescription safety glasses and company provided tools
Together we work, together we win.
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY
– A cover letter along with your Resume, highlighting your education, experience and skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com