WHO WE ARE
Kronospan is the world’s leading producer of wood panel products including MDF, OSB, Particleboard, and Laminate Flooring. We are state of the art, automated, and visionary. We are sustainable and eco-friendly. We are Worldwide AND we are American Made. We are Kronospan.
The purpose of the Instrumentation Technician’s position is to provide leadership in leading edge technologies and assist in the training and development of other electricians. The Instrumentation Technician must perform installation, repair and maintenance of electrical equipment and wire low voltage circuits and electrical control systems in accordance with applicable national, state and local codes. The Instrumentation Technician must also assist qualified electricians in the wiring of high voltage circuits, perform required inspections, and install, calibrate and maintain process control systems and instrumentation devices on production and auxiliary equipment.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates.
• Excellent attendance record.
• Advanced electrical and PLC experience to include programming
• Demonstrated high energy level, strong work ethic, and positive approach to problem solving.
• The ability to read and comprehend complex electro/mechanical drawings and schematics.
• The ability to perform complex troubleshooting and preventive maintenance procedures.
• The ability to work with others in identifying and solving complex manufacturing problems.
• The ability to work independently with little or no direct supervision.
• The ability to make basic repairs to electronic and electrical equipment to include sensors, circuit boards, etc.
• Read electrical, architectural, and mechanical diagrams, drawings, and specifications to determine job requirements
• Test for, locate, and repair electrical malfunctions
• Diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, electronic, and pneumatic equipment and systems
• Assist in installation of all new equipment, components, and systems associated with the PB/MDF press
• Assist in start-up and shut-down of equipment as needed
• Work closely with management to identify and correct potential electrical and mechanical safety hazards
• Perform preventive maintenance procedures as scheduled or directed
• Maintain record of work performed in accordance with maintenance and repair system
• Ensure compliance with local and national electrical code
• Read and interpret equipment manuals
• Adjust machinery as needed to ensure production of a quality product
• Ensure all safety guarding and protection devices are in place prior to reenergizing equipment
WHAT WILL PUT YOU AHEAD
• Advanced knowledge of finishing operations in an PB/MDF manufacturing facility
• Advanced knowledge of Grecon quality and fire control instrumentation
• Advanced experience in coordinating and conducting preventive maintenance procedures
• Associate’s degree in an electrical or electronics discipline
WHAT YOU WILL GET
As a company dedicated to its associates, we offer numerous benefits and advantages:
– Growth opportunities, domestic and international, with the world’s leading producer of wood panel products
– Work in a diverse, inclusive environment with colleagues from around the world
– A highly competitive benefits program including affordable medical, dental and vision plans
– Company paid life and short & long term disability plans
– Supplemental life, critical illness and accident plans for you and your family
– 401 (k) retirement plan with company match
– Paid time off including a generous paid vacation plan and holidays after 90 days
– “Life of Career” training opportunities through our global or local KronoAcademy
– Uniform & reimbursement for safety boots & prescription safety glasses and company provided tools
Together we work, together we win.
WHAT TO SEND OUR WAY
– A cover letter along with your Resume, highlighting your education, experience and skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org