Website East Alabama Regional Planning & Development Commission
Case Manager I (On-Going)
Case Manager I is a full-time, professional position within the East Alabama Commission and is responsible for carrying out professional level responsibilities, implementation of specific activities and projects, and case management related to specific social service programs for senior citizens and other client groups. This includes assisting in program development, participation in billing verification preparation, assisting in application development and coordination of client specific personal assistance activities. Assignments are usually specific in nature with latitude being given for case management discretion and professional judgement. Employees in this class are under the administrative supervision of the Department Director, Program Director, Project Director, or Project Administrator to which they are assigned, and may receive programmatic supervision from a Senior Coordinator or Principal Coordinator for project tasks and assignment.
Core Agency (included on all job descriptions)
Integrity and Trust – Our staff members act with integrity by keeping confidences, being accountable, taking responsibility and not misrepresenting our roles. We are committed to building trust in our relationships and establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with staff, volunteers and the public.
Passion for the Mission – Our staff is focused on and dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers. Promote a positive image of East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission.
Teamwork – Each employee is a valuable member of the Commission’s team and contributes to the overall success of the agency. We collaborate and communicate openly and honestly to solve problems, respect each other, learn from one another, grow in our respective roles and contribute to strong morale throughout the organization. Together Each Achieves More!
Technical Skills – Our staff is committed to possessing the skills needed to best perform in his/her position. As needs and resources change, staff will seek and engage in learning opportunities to improve their skills and strengths. We are committed to continuous improvement.
Time management – Our staff uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities.
· Assists in coordinating specific aging or human resource activities and projects, as assigned. Job assignments will include assisting in project planning, program development, and project coordination, ongoing coordination with related state agencies, case work management, client services, complaint resolution and participant training for specific programs to serve the ten-county area.
· Implementing client specific services and coordinating case management with service providers and evaluation of services. Documentation and evaluation of client needs.
· Assist in specific project management activities related to the delivery of social services.
· Performs other work related to Commission’s overall program responsibilities, as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Working knowledge of the problems and needs of senior citizens and other client groups.
· Working knowledge of Commission’s computer system for program management and information retrieval purposes.
· Ability under supervision to design and initiate projects and case management plan related to social service programs and to carry out projects and case management plans related to responsibilities related to those programs.
· Ability to present social services programs to individuals, families, and groups, to provide information and prepare press releases for the media, to coordinate with other agencies and social service organizations, and to arbitrate when differences of opinion occur.
· Ability to supervise support and clerical staff in carrying out program responsibilities.
· Ability to recruit and supervise volunteers and retain their services.
· Possess superior communication skills, organizational skills, and excellent time management. Extensive knowledge of office practices and/or procedures.
· Ability to work independently be self-motivated to complete assigned job tasks.
· Extensive knowledge of human services programs; possess proficient typing, word processing & computer skills. Highly proficient in the ability to establish and maintain working relationships with fellow team members & stakeholders.
· Ability to drive an automobile, possession of a valid driver’s license, and meet the Commission’s criteria for authorization to drive Commission vehicles, based on guidance from the Commission’s motor vehicle insurance carrier.
· Must be able to pass pre-employment background checks, TB skin test, and drug-screen.
· Effective Communication: Written & Oral
· Relationship Management
· Continual Improvement
· Critical Thinking & Evaluation
· Ethical Practice
· Cultural Awareness
The East Alabama Regional Planning and Development Commission is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. The Commission does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or provision of services.
Required Education and Preferred Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Sociology, Social Work, Gerontology, Nursing, or closely related field from an accredited college or university.
· Preferred two years’ experience with an area agency on aging, with experience in human service delivery programs, or with human service delivery agency; or case management experience.
· Registered Nurse with two years’ experience in home health services or long-term care facilities.
Position Classification Pay Grade: Exempt
Hybrid Work Schedule – In-Office and Remote Work
Reports To: Supervisor / Program Manager
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org