Website Bremen-Bowdon Investment Company
Military Uniform Manufacturer
Bremen-Bowdon Investment Company is seeking individual to provide or assist the maintenance staff. The Sewing Machine Mechanic is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day functions, operation, and maintenance of our industrial sewing machines.
Bremen-Bowdon Investment Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Normal working hours are Monday – Thursday from 7:45am to 5:00pm EST and Friday from 7:45am to 12:45pm EST. Overtime is required for this position.
This is a full time position requiring a 40 hour scheduled work week. This is an hourly “Non-exempt” position.
Duties and Responsibilities: Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job or have the ability to learn the essential functions.
· Inspect and maintain, repairs and install industrial sewing machines and equipment to ensure continuous productions operations.
· Fabricates or modifies machines, tools, or equipment to manufacture products or improve existing products.
· Diagnose, troubleshoot, repair the mechanical problems, and resolve them in a timely manner.
· Perform preventive maintenance on machinery and equipment.
· Maintain a culture that supports teamwork, encourage good performance and enhances productivity.
· Must be able to deliver machines to the line in a time sensitive manger to keep production on track.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Adhere to company work safety policies and maintain and clean workstation, and equipment.
· Experience with industrial sewing machine setup, trouble shooting, repair and maintenance. (Note: Willing to hire inexperienced individuals to train if individual is a considered a trainable candidate.)
· In depth knowledge of industrial sewing machines with a strong mechanical skill.
· Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
· Must be reliable and dependable.
· Ability to interact with employees of all levels and backgrounds.
· Must have good manual dexterity, ability to use various of hand & power tools and gages.
· Must be able to lift/carry, push/pull, up to 40 lbs., bend, knee, twist, squat, stoop, climb and work at elevated heights.
· Read and understand basic measurements.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range for Mechanic is based on experience. Inexperienced mechanics starting pay is $12.50 per hour with opportunities for increases with good attendance and good performance. Employees that have perfect attendance each week receive an additional 8% of their pay each week.
Following a successful 90-day probation period, full-time employees are eligible for:
- Leave benefits include paid holidays and vacation/paid time off.
- Retirement benefits include 401K.
- Insurance benefits include Dental, Health and Life.
Miscellaneous benefits include 8% weekly perfect attendance incentive.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org